Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
I am 35. I have been urinating on myself for the last 2 to 3 years. I have seen multiple urologist. They prescribed me multiple medications. Then they sent me to get a treatment involving a electric stimulation to a muscle in my ankle that runs up to my bladder. I have tried doing kegal exercises. Nothing has worked. The next step they want me to do is invasive surgery. Which at my age, I am not comfortable with. I want to know what caused this, and I can’t seem to get any answers. I have mild sleep apnea which I have a clap. I won’t lie I don’t use it every night and most nights when I do I wake up with the mask off. I don’t consciously take it off. I had a gastric bypass at 18. I weighed 365 lbs then. I weigh 220lbs right now. I am usually around 210 to 215 though. I take vitamins daily. I try to eat well, but I don’t always. I have tingling feeling in my feet, legs, arms, and hands most noticeable at night. I have shortness of breath and it has gotten worse, sex drive is lowered. I have mental health disorders including ptsd, anxiety, ADD and depression. But I stopped taking medication months ago as I noticed little difference except negative side effects. I am tired everyday no matter how much I sleep unless I take ADD medication or drink large amounts of caffeine which doesn’t last long and has negative side effects. I have swelling in my ankles daily. I routinely have stomach issues such as abdominal pain, gas, and diarrhea or constipation. My last 2 lab results on vitamins had me low on iron reserves and vitamin D. Which I started taking supplements just for them. I don’t know what to do.. I urinate on myself all the time. I am tired all the time. And I have a daughter and a family. This is effecting there life negatively as well. I’ve looked at crohns disease, cileac disease, kidney disease, heart disease. However I don’t have issues with weight loss, or decreased appetite usually. But many symptoms of each otherwise. (Nerve damage, fatigue, stomach issues when eating a lot of gluten, and certain foods, shortness of breath, swollen ankles, etc) Please help. Thank you,
It seems like you have had a very tough time of it.
I would suggest a urodynamic study, which your Urologist could arrange.
Based on the results, advice can be given regarding appropriate treatment.
Sacral nerve stimulation (Interstim) may well be a good option in your case.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Covid vaccine safety in SA: If there is a link between a death, and a recent jab, it will be probed
- Prior Covid-19 infection may not provide long-term protection against reinfection, study shows
- Covid-19: Delta variant symptoms include headache, runny nose – can feel 'more like a bad cold'
- The EVDS will schedule your appointments for the Pfizer Covid-19 vaccine 6 weeks apart. Here’s why
- Five nutrition mistakes you make when you start exercising
- Covid-19: Too late to put in tighter restrictions on Gauteng - experts
- State Security Minister Dlodlo wants to smoke out information peddlers among spooks
- Mandy Wiener | We've declared war on Covid, so where is the wartime efficiency for vaccine rollout?
- Nolwandle Mthombeni | How the launch of SA's first woman-owned bank became a nightmare of bad PR
- Lining up sponsorships for The New Age was not my call – Malusi Gigaba to Zondo
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
31% - 9523 votes
69% - 20933 votes