Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
20 Feb 2021
I can't fall asleep
I donno y the reason but for the past month I've tried everything to fall asleep but nothing is working I've worn my self out but still nothing I only manage to fall of to sleep at 1 or 2 in the morning sometimes I can't fall asleep until 3 in the morning pls I need help I need advice or sum meditation methods
This sounds like you need to first speak to your doctor to understand if there is a medical issue.
If you have already done that.
Try counting your breath as a starting meditation practice.
Everytime you can't sleep, just sit up and do 10 minutes of breath counting and then lie back down to sleep.
You can even try it while lying down.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- What are the pros and cons of intermittent fasting?
- Long Covid symptoms still persist two years after first wave infections
- Intermittent fasting for weight loss: Two types work, according to new review
- Exercising while sick won’t help you get over a cold faster - but it may prevent your next one
- Decades-long study finds smoking increases death risk in men with prostate cancer
- 'Come on, my darling': Bok flyhalf bloodied knuckles on door as 'terrified' air hostess hid in loo
- EXCLUSIVE | Matwetwe actor's killer arrested twice before, and showed cops fake asylum documents
- Adriaan Basson | An ominous warning to SA from Putin's enemy No. 1
- Ruan Pienaar, at 38, stays a freak of nature
- Banking Ombud cracks R19.5 million whip to force banks to protect customers more
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
28% - 9926 votes
72% - 25876 votes