Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
Protein consumption during diet
My nutritionist says that I can consume grilled chicken (Al Fahm, Tandoori). But how much is too much? My Dad is concerned that I consume too much protein and that I may get uric acid formation in the joints! Constant health tips from my family contributes to my Anxiety and Depression. I also have Acidity. This causes me to be hungry always All these seem to be medicine resistant. I have Anxiety for over 10 years now. Nothing works. Anxiety may come with a cause, but will stay for a long time. I am an Indian Male, 35 years old. Weight: 81 kg Height 169 cm. I need advice on the max. amount of protein I can consume in a day. Thanks.
All proteins leave a sour ash in the body and too much protein can contribute to high uric acid levels. A plant based diet is a healthier diet to follow for health and weight control. Research also found this diet the best for controlling moods as it control your blood glucose levels and mood levels most optimally. Protein also contain more calories per portion than carbohydrates The space allocated here is inadequate to provide you info on how much protein you need to achieve your health goals. Also to translate this into food as all grains and protein (all types of animal foods) contain protein not only chicken To calculate your protein requirement and translate this into meals that fit your lifestyle culture and food preferences it will be best to contact a dietitian in your area www.adsa.org.za
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Covid vaccine safety in SA: If there is a link between a death, and a recent jab, it will be probed
- Prior Covid-19 infection may not provide long-term protection against reinfection, study shows
- Covid-19: Delta variant symptoms include headache, runny nose – can feel 'more like a bad cold'
- The EVDS will schedule your appointments for the Pfizer Covid-19 vaccine 6 weeks apart. Here’s why
- Seven tips for choosing healthier drinks, and avoiding that hangover
- Covid-19: Too late to put in tighter restrictions on Gauteng - experts
- State Security Minister Dlodlo wants to smoke out information peddlers among spooks
- Mandy Wiener | We've declared war on Covid, so where is the wartime efficiency for vaccine rollout?
- Nolwandle Mthombeni | How the launch of SA's first woman-owned bank became a nightmare of bad PR
- Lining up sponsorships for The New Age was not my call – Malusi Gigaba to Zondo
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
31% - 9523 votes
69% - 20933 votes