It's not surprising that those with an active lifestyle enjoy benefits such as a healthier cardiovascular system, better oxygen flow and lower blood pressure.
Here are six activities outside the cardio-norm that will get your heart pumping just as fast:
1. Going for a brisk walk
2. High intensity household chores
3. Taking the stairs or walking to your destination
4. Trying yoga or weights twice a week
5. Participating in dancing or pick up a basketball
6. Add 10-minute jump rope sessions into your day