During anaesthesia there is a shift of fluids within the body and also a loss of body fluids, including bleeding from the operation site. Your anaesthetist has the responsibility to monitor and manage these changes, and will administer fluid therapy appropriately.
- Covid-19: Delta variant symptoms include headache, runny nose – can feel 'more like a bad cold'
- Is 150 years really the limit of human lifespan?
- What happens if you walk into a vaccination site? We break it down
- How forensic experts used genetic genealogy to help solve a grisly double murder - 16 years later
- J&J Covid-19 vaccine offers strong protection against variants, latest research shows
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
31% - 9520 votes
69% - 20877 votes