A biopsy is the examination of tissue under a microscope. A core of tissue can be removed using a needle. The lump can also be removed as an ‘excision biopsy’. This means having an operation to actually remove the lump. Sometimes this is the only way of getting the results.
- Covid-19 immunity: How long does it last?
- The recovery of your brain depends greatly on sleep, and it cannot be replaced by rest
- Oxford scientists: How we developed our Covid-19 vaccine in record time
- Long Covid: A young doctor's battle with lingering effects has cast doubt on her career
- Will vaccines work against the new Covid variants? Scientists race to find out.
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9320 votes
67% - 18609 votes