Disinfecting surfaces is one of the best ways to combat the new coronavirus. Tests have shown that the virus can survive for up to nine days at room temperature. By virtue of the virus being a lipid-containing virus it can be killed with wipes, but because bacteria stays on the wipes after use, they should not be reused for other surfaces.
- A few pills a day could keep severe Covid away: What you need to know about two new treatments
- There’s another pandemic we should be focused on: Antibiotic-resistant infections
- New year, same rules: The science behind masks, ventilation and keeping a distance
- How are Covid-19 survivors doing a year after ICU treatment? What a new study found
- Covid-19: Researchers warn effects on the brain cannot be ignored
- Covid-19: Yes, you can be fired for refusing the vaccine - labour experts unpack the facts
- ANC turf war heats up in Mpumalanga as premier’s ally opens a case after death threats
- Eskom meets deadline for splitting up - next stop, getting a licence from Nersa
- Lloyd Burnard | CSA's balancing act between exercising urgency and care in Boucher case
- 'When you want to win, win decisively,' Zambian president tells SA and African opposition leaders
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
28% - 9800 votes
72% - 24705 votes