If there’s anything that has been highlighted these past 18 months – it’s the value of the safety and health of our loved ones.
From check-ups to hospital check-ins, ensuring the health and wellbeing of our loved ones can be a tough and costly playing field to navigate – especially when your family is growing.
Give yourself peace of mind financial ease by setting up your family with a comprehensive and reliable medical aid cover plan.
So, why cover for the family?
The nature of life is that it’s unpredictable. Emergencies can arise and catch you and your family off guard. As the head support structure of your family, having a reliable medical aid plan in place helps you to regain control over the unpredictable. From the financial stresses of costly doctor consults, hospital stays, and medical procedures – medical aid helps you to secure cover for a plethora of consultations and procedures by simply paying a set amount each month. This allows you to budget it into your monthly expenses with ease and not be taken by financial surprise should a medical emergency arise.
Aside from keeping yourself covered in the event of an emergency, having a family medical aid plan in place allows you comfort, peace of mind, and security when it comes to expanding your family. New parents can find relief in medical cover when it comes to their journey from pregnancy to new parenthood. The cost of gynae consultations can go up to R5000 for visits and additional consults and medical costs tally up alongside it and can go into and pass tens of thousands of rands alone. With a plan in place, you're covered when it comes to your doctor check-ups, delivery hospital stays, and follow-up appointments with your newborns without the worry about the financial strain.
Additionally, having witnessed how easily infectious diseases can find their way into our homes and loved ones lives these 18 months – having that blanket of medical aid cover offers you and your family a safety net. You’re able to rely on the cover when it comes to purchasing costly medicines, getting vaccinated, as well as potential hospital stays should disease strike.
Leading medical aid provider Medshield Medical Scheme offers a range of medical plan options that allow you to prioritise the health of your family along with your budget. They’ve made their plans even more accessible and affordable without compromising on benefits over the past year. Their range of plans include:
- MediCurve for those who like having digital and tech-savvy access to their healthcare,
- MediPhila covers you and your dependants with unlimited hospital cover for PMB conditions, per beneficiary limits for non-PMB In-Hospital treatments and an Out-of-Hospital benefit limit for specific services,
- MediValue targeted toward young and healthy first-time medical aid individuals looking for cover,
- MediSaver for those who wish to manage their out-of-hospital expenses but benefit from unlimited hospital cover,
- MediPlus that focuses on members who require more benefits like unlimited hospital cover and a range of day-to-day benefits
- MediCore focused on unlimited hospital cover with full PMB,
- MediBonus which is geared as a corporate option for employees and individuals and covers in-hospital as well day-to-day benefits,
- PremiumPlus is targeted toward corporate professionals and offers unlimited hospital cover and the freedom to manage daily healthcare expenses through a Personal Savings Account.
Following the changes brought on by the pandemic, the Medshield team got creative with their solutions. They designed their MediCurve plan and SmartCare Digital Healthcare Ecosystem based on these changes. This ecosystem allows for virtual doctor consultations that offer quick access to their quality healthcare service via your smart devices.
Positioning themselves as a go-to, trustworthy, reliable and innovative medical scheme, they offer comprehensive plans to help you keep yourself and your family safe at an affordable rate. You can tailor your cover based on one of their plans available that cater to families and individuals with dependents.
As part of their value proposition for 2022, Medshield has enhanced their Medshield Mom offering and will be launching and hosting their first #MedshieldMom webinar on 6th November at 9:00 AM. The event will be hosted by their Brand Ambassador, #MpoomyLedwaba. New and expecting parents can look forward to tuning in from the comfort of their home and enjoying the amazing guests they have lined up from medical professionals, corporate super-moms, to influencer moms. Visit their event page for more details and to sign up.
Don’t let life throw you a curveball. Ensure that you and your family are able to Live Assured knowing that they’re Confidently Covered by Medshield Medical Scheme!
For more information on their plans available – visit the Medshield Medical Scheme website.
This post is sponsored by Medshield Medical Scheme produced by BrandStudio24 for Health24.