When it comes to our health, we’re all trying to do better at keeping it at its best – especially after the last 18 months.
With the steep costs of medical procedures, hospital stays, and medicines that go into the thousands and tens of thousands – medical aid can be a saving grace not only for emergencies but day to day medical needs or pharmacy visits.
However, choosing a medical aid that fits your needs, especially as someone who’s new to entering the world of health cover, can be hard to discern. Here are three key things to consider when choosing your perfect healthcare plan match:
Factor in your monthly budget
When choosing a medical aid plan, you need to factor it into your monthly budget. Many medical aid providers, like Medshield Medical Scheme, offer members a variety of medical coverage plans to choose from that cater to a range of needs and budgets. There are often plans in place, like Medshield’s MediSaver, MediValue, and MediCurve plans, that cater to those looking for simpler and more budget-friendly cover options. The best way to keep your budget in mind while choosing a medical aid plan that works for you - be it full cover or a hospital plan, is to set up a consultation with the healthcare provider you’re interested in joining.
Research what you’re hoping to get covered
When considering your budget you also need to figure out what you’re hoping to be covered for with your plan. With many medical schemes offering plans that cover hospital stays, day-to-day medical needs, as well as full cover options – you need to evaluate what you may need most out of your medical aid assistance. Medshield offers a versatile assortment of offers for their clients to choose from, making it easier to choose a plan that fits your budget while also knowing what you’ll be covered for. Their plans include:
- MediCurve for those who like having digital and tech-savvy access to their healthcare,
- MediPhila covers you and your dependants with unlimited hospital cover for PMB conditions, per beneficiary limits for non-PMB In-Hospital treatments and an Out-of-Hospital benefit limit for specific services,
- MediValue targeted toward young and healthy first-time medical aid individuals looking for cover,
- MediSaver for those who wish to manage their out-of-hospital expenses but benefit from unlimited hospital cover,
- MediPlus that focuses on members who require more benefits like unlimited hospital cover and a range of day-to-day benefits,
- MediCore focused on unlimited hospital cover with full PMB,
- MediBonus;which is geared as a corporate option for employees and individuals and covers in-hospital as well day-to-day benefits,
- PremiumPlus is targeted toward corporate professionals and offers unlimited hospital cover and the freedom to manage daily healthcare expenses through a Personal Savings Account.
Consider how many people you’re looking to secure under your medical cover
Individuals with dependents looking toward getting medical aid need to consider health plan options that secure their entire family's health needs. Positioned as a go-to, trustworthy, reliable, and innovative medical scheme, Medshield offers comprehensive plans to help you keep yourself and your family safe at an affordable rate. The heads of households can find security through Medshield's MediPhila plan, which covers you and your dependants for basic necessities and hospital stays.
Gift yourself and your loved ones' peace of mind and safety against the unpredictable nature of life or emergencies this festive season by opting for a comprehensive medical aid cover plan. Visit Medshield to find out more about their plans and set up a consult to have you on your way to living your best and safest life.
This post is sponsored by Medshield Medical Scheme produced by BrandStudio24 for Health24.