Vegetarian stir-fry salad with peanut dressing
1 tbsp peanut butter
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 - 2 tbsp water
¼ tsp ground ginger
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 small red chilli, deseeded and chopped (optional)
1 tsp fresh ginger, crushed
1 cup baby carrots, sliced
2½ cups small cauliflower florets
2½ cups small broccoli florets
½ red bell pepper, cut into strips
½ green bell pepper, cut into strips
1 cup fresh snow peas (or mange tout), trimmed
1 cup sliced red cabbage
Mixed salad greens of your choice (e.g. baby spinach, rocket and lettuce leaves, washed and dried)
½ cup almonds, sliced and toasted
¼ cup walnuts, toasted
¼ cup sunflower seeds
¼ cup sesame seeds
1. To make the dressing, dilute the peanut butter with the soy sauce and water, and whisk together.
2. Whisk in the ginger, and set aside.
3. Preheat a wok or large frying pan on high heat.
4. Once very hot, add the sesame oil and swirl in the pan.
5. Add the garlic, ginger and chilli (optional) to the wok.
6. Keep moving around the pan, and add the carrots, cauliflower, broccoli and peppers.
7. Stir-fry for 2 - 3 minutes.
8. Add the snow peas and red cabbage, and stir-fry for a further 2 - 3 minutes.
9. Pour over the dressing and toss thoroughly.
10. Serve over the salad greens and sprinkle with your choice of nuts or seeds.
This recipe is:
Low in cholesterol
Total fat: 16.5g
High in dietary fibre
Saturated fat: 4.4g
High in manganese
Very high in vitamin A
Very high in vitamin C
Total carbohydrates: 17.9g
Dietary fibre: 7.3g