You will need
- 12mm x 144mm x 1.8m pine plank (cut into three 30cm pieces)
- 8mm x 44mm x 2.4m pine cover strip (cut into three 30cm pieces)
- Woodoc Water-Borne MARINE Clear Matt
- Woodoc Colours in Full Moon, Opal, Knysna Green and Orange (Brights)
- masking tape
- carbon paper
- mixing containers
- mixing sticks
- staple gun
1. Download and print the templates.
2. Secure the templates on the 30cm pieces of pine with masking tape. Slide the carbon paper between the template and timber and trace the image onto the wood.
3. Secure the timber on your work surface with the G-clamps and carefully cut the shapes out. Sand the edges smooth.
4. Decant about 50ml of Woodoc Water-Borne MARINE Clear Matt into the mixing containers. Add the Woodoc Colours to each container respectively and mix well.
5. Paint the shapes with the Woodoc Colours you mixed in step 4. Paint three coats, letting each coat dry before painting the next and doing a light sanding after coat one and two. Do not sand again after the last coat has dried.
6. On the 30cm cover strip pieces, mark a V-shape at one end and cut the shape with the jigsaw. Seal this with three coats of Woodoc Water-Borne MARINE Clear Matt, letting it dry between coats and giving it a light sanding after coat one and two. Do not sand again after the last coat has dried.
7. Staple the cover strips to the shapes – and plant them in the garden!