Use wooden blocks to make your own version of this classic game, a perfect gift for the holidays.
You will need:
- 44mm x 44mm x 1.8m pine plank
- noughts-and-crosses template
- carbon paper
- Woodoc Gel Stain in the colour Ebony
- artist brush
- Woodoc Water-Borne FLOOR
- 150 x 150 x 55mm wooden box
1. Use the jigsaw to cut nine 44mm pieces from the pine plank.
2. Sand the edges smooth.
3. Trace the noughts and crosses on the blocks with carbon paper; you need a nought and a cross on each block.
4. Use the artist brush to carefully paint the noughts and crosses with two coats of Woodoc Gel Stain.
5. Let the Gel Stain dry for 4 hours then seal the blocks on all sides with three coats of Woodoc Water-Borne FLOOR, letting the sealant dry between coats.
6. Place the blocks in the box.