This handy trolley is not only for storage but will also help you get the wood from the back door to the fireplace in no time.
Photographs Ed O’Riley
You will need
- 4mm x 45mm cut screws
- timber cut to size in the following lengths:
- 12 x 144mm planks:
- six 350mm lengths
- 22 x 69mm planks:
- two 900mm lengths
- two 286mm lengths
- four 600mm lengths
- two 350mm lengths
- 4 x castors
- 4mm x 16mm chipboard screws
- Woodoc Water-Borne FLOOR Clear (Matt/Gloss)
- Woodoc Colours Ebony
- mixing container and flat stirring spatula
- electric screwdriver
1. Base frame Attach two 900 x 22 x 69mm planks to two 350 x 22 x 69mm planks.
2. Base Screw the six 350 x 12 x 144 planks to the base frame you made in step 1; make sure they are evenly spaced.
3. Sides Place one of the 286 x 22 x 69mm planks at a right angle across two of the 600 x 22 x 69mm planks and screw in place. Make two.
4. Decant about 100ml of the Woodoc Water-Borne FLOOR Clear (Matt/Gloss) into the mixing container. Add the Woodoc Colours Ebony and stir well, also during application.
5. Paint the sides with 3 coats of the mixture you made in step 4.
6. Paint the base with 3 coats of Woodoc Water-Borne FLOOR Clear (Matt/Gloss). Sand lightly with fine sandpaper after the first and second coats have dried, but don’t sand after the third coat has dried.
7. Screw the sides to the base with the crossbar facing inwards.
8. Attach a castor to each corner at the base of your trolley.