Photographs Ed O'Riley
You will need
- pine battens (20 x 20mm; 32 x 32mm)
- carpenter’s square
- 100-grit sandpaper
- drill with 8mm wood drill bit
- bench vice grip
- Woodoc Water-Borne FLOOR Matt Clear
- Woodoc Colours in (We used Woodoc Colours Opal & Full Moon and Woodoc Colours Brights in Pink, Red & Yellow)
- wire and wire cutter
- pendant light fittings
1. Measure and mark 2cm intervals on the 20 x 20mm batten, and 3cm intervals on the 32 x 32mm batten. We measured 20 pieces on the smaller batten and 15 pieces on the bigger one. You can do as many as you want.
2. Use the jigsaw to cut on the marks you made in step 1.
3. Sand the edges on all the blocks until smooth.
4. Secure the blocks in the vice grip and drill a hole in each one.
5. Decant about 100ml of the Woodoc Water-Borne FLOOR Matt Clear into the mixing containers. Add the Woodoc Colours to each container respectively and mix well.
6. Cut about 7–10cm pieces of wire. Thread the wire through the blocks, dip into the colour mixtures and hang to dry.
7. Thread the blocks onto the wire of your pendants.
Tip: Call in the help of an electrician to connect your pendant to the electricity.