Photograph Ed O'Riley
With SPAR Freshline’s convenient soup mixes, you can serve your family homemade goodness in half the time. Try this hearty recipe!
CHUNKY VEGETABLE SOUP
SPAR Freshline Chunky Vegetable Soup Mix combines the goodness of potato, pumpkin, spinach, celery and more, all conveniently chopped and ready to use.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 60ml SPAR salted butter
- 600g SPAR Freshline Chunky Vegetable Soup Mix
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1–2 SPAR Chicken or Vegetable Flavour Stock Cubes
- 1L boiling water
- 125ml SPAR Dried Soup Mix (optional)
1. Melt the butter in a large pot and sauté the SPAR Freshline Chunky Vegetable Soup Mix until fragrant. Add the garlic, stock, water and SPAR Dried Soup Mix (if using) and stir until the stock has dissolved.
2. Bring the soup to a slow simmer, cover and cook until the vegetables are tender (about 30 minutes).
3. Liquidise half the soup but keep its lovely chunky texture or purée to a smooth consistency, if you prefer. Season to taste and serve with your favourite SPAR Freshline croutons.
Why not use the basic recipe and then add your own flair?
1 BEANS Add a tin of drained SPAR butter beans to the soup for even more body and finish with a sprinkle of chopped parsley or chives.
2 TOMATO Fry a large spoonful of SPAR tomato purée in the butter with the chunky vegetables to add colour and even more flavour. Garnish the soup with roasted cherry tomatoes and fresh basil.
3 CHICKEN Stir in a cup of leftover shredded roast chicken or cooked chicken meatballs for meaty goodness.