Prep Time: 15
Cooking Time: 30
- 2.00pinch - salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 15.00ml - olive oil
- 2.00 - carrots, chopped
- 1.00l - vegetable or chicken stock
- 400.00g - tinned mixed beans, rinsed and drained
- 2.00cloves - garlic cloves, crushed
- 1.00 - onion, chopped
- 2.00 - celery sticks, chopped
- 150.00g - rindless bacon, chopped
- 1.00handful - Italian parsley, chopped
- 1.00 - small cabbage (about 90g), thinly sliced
- 400.00g - tinned chopped tomatoes
A deliciously healthy soup that sticks to your ribs.
1. Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over a moderate temperature. Fry the onion and bacon for 3-4 minutes or until the onion is soft and begins to colour.
2. Stir in the garlic, carrot and celery and stir-fry for another few minutes. Add the tomatoes, beans, stock and cabbage and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer the soup (with the lid on) for about 20 minutes.
3. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper, stir in the parsley and serve.