- 125g - dried porcini mushrooms
- 100ml - butter
- 75ml - cake flour
- 10ml - fresh thyme, chopped
- 5ml - fresh rosemary, chopped
- 375ml - cream
- 1 - onion, finely chopped
- 500g - button mushrooms, quartered
- 500g - brown mushrooms, sliced
- 10ml - salt
- - freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 500g - spaghetti
- 200ml - pecorino, grated
Oven temperature: 180ºC
Place the dried porcini in a mixing bowl, pour 1 litre boiling water over and allow to stand for 30 minutes. Remove the mushrooms with a slotted spoon, and squeeze the excess liquid into the bowl.
Melt 75ml butter in a saucepan and stir in the cake flour. Add the mushroom liquid and stir until smooth. Add the herbs and cream and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 30 minutes.
Preheat the oven. Heat the rest of the butter and sauté the onion until soft. Add all the mushrooms and stir-fry until soft.
Cook the spaghetti for slightly less than the recommended time and drain. Mix in the mushroom sauce and fried mushrooms and spoon into a greased baking dish. Sprinkle the pecorino over and bake for about 30 minutes.