- 1.50kg - chicken pieces (thighs and drumsticks)
- 15.00ml - olive oil
- 5.00ml - salt to taste
- 8.00cloves - whole garlic cloves, peeled
- 10.00ml - fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1.00 - red chilli, chopped
- 250.00ml - dry white wine
- 250.00g - cherry tomatoes
- 12.00olives - black olives
2. Add the garlic, rosemary and chilli and stir for a few minutes. Add the white wine and scrape the bottom of the saucepan to loosen the brown bits. Cover and reduce the heat. Simmer the chicken for 45-50 minutes and turn the pieces occasionally. Add water if the liquid in the saucepan evaporates.
3. Once the chicken is cooked
and tender ? the meat should
almost fall off the bone ? add the
tomatoes and olives. Simmer for
another 10 minutes or until the
tomato skins start to burst. Serve
with creamy mashed potatoes.
Wine suggestion: The dry white wine used in this dish makes a fine accompaniment.