- 4.00 - small whole fish of about 450-500g each
- 1.00bunch - fresh coriander, with stems
- 1.00 - lemon, cut into slices
- 2.00ml - black pepper, to taste
- 1.00kg - coarse salt
- 4.00 - egg whites
- 4.00 - Tomato Salsa: ripe tomatoes, cut into cubes
- 1.00 - onion, finely chopped
- 3.00cloves - garlic cloves, crushed
- 125.00ml - fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 1.00lemon - grated zest and juice of 1 lime or small lemon
- 10.00ml - ground cumin, roasted
- 2.00 - fresh red chillies, chopped
- 60.00ml - olive oil
2. Wash the coriander and remove the stems. Place the stems and a slice of lemon in the belly of each fish and season with black pepper.
3. Pour the salt into a mixing bowl, add the coriander leaves and egg whites, and stir through until mixed. Spread some of the salt mixture onto the baking paper lining the oven dish or baking tray ? cover an area large enough for each fish. Place the fish on the salt mixture and cover each one with some of the remaining salt mixture. Bake the fish for about 15 minutes and then stand for 5 minutes before you begin removing the salt crusts.
4. Prepare the tomato salsa: Mix the tomatoes, onion, garlic and coriander leaves. Mix the lime zest and juice, cumin, chillies and olive oil, and pour the mixture over the tomatoes. Mix through and serve with the fish.
Wine suggestion: An uncomplicated dry or off-dry white wine or white blend will round off this scrumptious fish perfectly.