- 4.00 - medium potatoes
- 250.00ml - cake flour, sifted twice
- 200.00g - Sauce: butter, melted
- 4.00ml - salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 30.00ml - fresh sage, shredded
- 125.00ml - Parmesan cheese, grated
2. Add enough cake flour to form a firm mixture and roll this into sausages as thick as your thumb. Cut these into slices about 18mm long and shape the gnocchi by holding a fork in your right hand and rolling the pieces, one by one, against the fork with your left forefinger. Your forefinger will create a hollow, while the fork on the other side will create a rippled appearance. If you want to freeze the gnocchi, do so now: place the gnocchi, uncovered, on a baking tray and freeze. Once frozen they can be placed into freezer bags.
3. Cook the unfrozen gnocchi in boiling, salted water until they float to the top. Allow to cook for a further 10-15 seconds before removing them from the water with a slotted spoon.
4. Mix the melted butter, seasoning and herbs and pour this mixture over the gnocchi. Garnish with Parmesan shavings and serve.