- 120.00g - cake flour
- 5.00ml - baking powder
- 10.00ml - ground ginger
- 100.00g - hazelnuts, toasted
- 160.00ml - cold butter, cubed
- 150.00g - sugar
- 125.00ml - rum
- 4.00 - pears
- 4.00 - firm, ripe bananas, cut into thick pieces
1. Preheat the oven. Grease an ovenproof dish with butter.
2. Sift the flour, baking powder and ginger together. Chop the hazelnuts finely in a food processor and then add the flour mixture to the hazelnuts.
3. Add 100ml of the butter and 125ml of the sugar and pulse until just mixed.
4. Melt the remaining 60ml butter in a saucepan, add the remaining 60ml sugar and stir until this mixture starts to caramelise. Remove from the heat and add the rum.
5. Peel the pears, core them and cut each one into thick slices. Add the pear slices to the rum sauce and stir until thoroughly covered. Arrange the banana slices in the prepared oven dish, place the pear slices in-between and pour the remaining sauce over the fruit in the dish.
6. Sprinkle the crumble mixture on top of the fruit and bake for 35 minutes until crisp and golden brown.