- 25.00g - Pizza Base: fresh yeast or 10g dry instant yeast
- 250.00ml - lukewarm water
- 30.00ml - honey
- 500.00g - cake flour
- 5.00ml - salt
- 45.00ml - olive oil
- 5.00ml - salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 100.00g - Topping: mozzarella cheese, grated
- 10.00figs - fresh figs, sliced
- 50.00g - walnuts, chopped
- 250.00g - Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 5.00ml - fresh rosemary, chopped
- 30.00g - rocket
- 60.00ml - olive oil
1. Prepare the pizza base: Place the fresh yeast in 250ml lukewarm water and stir in the honey. Add half the flour and stir to form a runny paste. Cover the dough mixture with a clean dishcloth and leave in a warm place for about 15 minutes. If you use instant yeast, add the honey to the water and the instant yeast to the fl our, then mix everything together as if you are baking ordinary bread.
2. Use your hands to mix in the remaining flour and the salt to form a smooth dough. Knead until soft and elastic. Add more flour if necessary. Place the dough in a mixing bowl into which fl our has been sprinkled and cover with greased clingfilm. Place the bowl in a warm place to allow the dough to rise until it has doubled in volume.
3. Preheat the oven. Divide the dough into four equal parts. Roll each piece of dough into a ball on a flour-covered surface and then flatten the ball with the palm of your hand so that it forms a circle. Use your fingers to stretch the dough circle into a thinner circle. Coat each circle with olive oil and place on greased baking sheets or pizza plates. Season with black pepper and sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top, followed by fig slices and walnuts. Finally, sprinkle the crumbled Gorgonzola cheese and rosemary on top and bake for 10-15 minutes. Garnish each pizza with a handful of rocket leaves, drizzle with olive oil and serve.
Wine suggestion: A blushing rosé will complement these diverse flavours.