- 375.00ml - Dough: cake flour
- 80.00ml - Parmesan cheese, grated
- 90.00ml - butter, cubed
- 1.00 - egg
- 30.00ml - water
- 30.00ml - Filling: butter
- 2.00 - leeks, sliced
- 1.00 - garlic clove, crushed
- 425.00g - tinned pink salmon, drained
- 200.00g - broccoli florets, blanched
- 3.00 - eggs, beaten
- 250.00ml - sour cream
- 4.00ml - salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Prepare the dough: Sift the cake flour, stir in the Parmesan cheese and rub in the butter cubes with your fingertips until the mixture looks like fine breadcrumbs. Beat the egg and water together and add to the dry ingredients. Cut in the liquid with a knife and incorporate the ingredients to form a dough. Knead the dough until smooth, wrap it in clingfilm and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Preheat the oven.
2. Roll out the dough onto a flour-dusted surface and use it to line a 23cm springform quiche tin. Press the dough against the sides, prick the bottom and freeze the leftover dough. The dough is enough for two quiche crusts; you can freeze the other half as is, or blind bake another crust and freeze it.
3. Blind bake the crust in a preheated oven. Remove the baking paper and baking beans and bake for another 5 minutes before setting aside to cool.
4. Prepare the filling: Heat the butter and saute the leeks until soft. Add the garlic and stir-fry for another minute before setting aside to cool.
5. Place the leeks, salmon and broccoli in the quiche shell. Beat the eggs, sour cream and seasoning together and pour over the ingredients in the quiche shell. Bake the tart for about 45 minutes or until golden brown and set.
Makes: one 23cm tart