- 250.00g - Pastry: butter, cubed
- 500.00ml - cake flour, sifted
- 1.00pinch - salt
- 60.00ml - water
- 500.00g - ricotta cheese, crumbled
- 4.00 - egg yolks
- 1.00small bunch - spring onions, chopped
- 20.00 - black olives, pitted and halved
- 30.00ml - olive oil
- 3.00ml - freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 5.00ml - salt
- 6.00 - Topping: ripe plum tomatoes
- 10.00leaves - basil leaves
- 5.00ml - salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 100.00ml - olive oil
- 10.00 - pitted black olives
2. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Remove the pastry from the fridge and leave it to stand for 10 minutes. Roll it out on a flour-dusted surface to about 5cm thick. Use the pastry to line a greased springform quiche tin (30cm in diameter), trim the edges and prick the bottom. Bake blind for 15 minutes and allow to cool. Set the oven to 200°C.
3. Prepare the filling: Combine all the ingredients for the filling and transfer the mixture to the cooled crust.
4. Prepare the topping: Cut the tomatoes
into thick slices. Arrange the tomato slices
and basil leaves on top of the filling so that
the slices overlap slightly. Scatter the olives
on top, season with freshly ground black
pepper, drizzle with olive oil and bake for
30 minutes. Allow the tart to cool slightly
before turning it out.
Wine suggestion: Choose a light, fruity red wine to complement the summery tomato and olive flavours ? it'll be easy to imagine being on holiday.
Makes: one 30cm tart.