- 12.00 - baby marrows, cut into strips
- 4.00 - medium aubergines, cut into rings
- 250.00g - button mushrooms, sliced
- 4.00 - ripe tomatoes, sliced
- 3.00 - garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 100.00ml - olive oil
- 7.00ml - salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4.00 - red peppers, grilled, skins removed and cut into strips
- 250.00g - lasagne sheets
- 250.00ml - freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 5.00ml - fresh basil for garnishing
- 50.00g - Béchamel Sauce: butter
- 50.00g - flour
- 1.00Litres - milk
- 5.00ml - salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 250.00ml - grated Gruyère or mature Cheddar cheese
1. Place the vegetables in a single layer in a large roasting tin, sprinkle garlic on top, drizzle olive oil all over and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Roast in a preheated oven until the vegetables are cooked, soft and starting to brown. Remove from the oven and set aside.
2. Prepare the béchamel sauce: Heat the butter in a saucepan and stir in the flour. Slowly add the milk while beating with a balloon whisk. Continue whisking over a medium heat until the sauce begins to thicken and reaches boiling point. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and add the Gruyère or Cheddar cheese.
3. Spread a thin layer of béchamel sauce in the bottom of a 20 x 30cm heat-resistant oven dish. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over this layer and then place a layer of lasagne sheets on top so that they overlap slightly.
4. Combine the roasted pepper strips with the roasted vegetables and spread a layer over the lasagne sheets. Repeat the layers and end with a layer of béchamel sauce. Sprinkle the last of the Parmesan on top and bake the lasagne for about 30 minutes or until golden brown and done. Garnish with fresh basil and serve immediately.