- 4 - chicken drumsticks and 4 thighs
- 60ml - olive oil
- 5ml - each paprika, cumin and coriander
- 12 - whole strawberries
- 30ml - pomegranate concentrate or honey
- 45ml - fresh orange or naartjie juice
- 3 - sprigs thyme
- 250ml - brown and wild rice, cooked
- 2 - feta rounds, crumbled
- 60ml - chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 100g - almonds, toasted and chopped
1 Preheat the oven to 180°C. Season the chicken generously with salt and pepper and fry in 30ml olive oil until golden brown all over. Don’t rush it, the chicken must caramelise on the outside. Sprinkle the spices over and arrange the chicken in a roasting pan.
2 Remove the leaves from the strawberries but keep the stems. Add to the chicken in the roasting pan. Mix the pomegranate concentrate, orange juice and remaining olive oil and drizzle over the chicken and strawberries, followed by the thyme. Cover tightly with foil and roast for 45 minutes. Remove the foil, baste with the pan juices and roast uncovered for a further 15 minutes.
3 To serve Mix the cooked rice with the feta, parsley and almonds and moisten with the chicken pan juices. Spoon the chicken and strawberry on top of the rice and serve immediately.