- 4 - x 200g portions firm white fish (use kob or kingklip)
- - seasoned cake flour
- - olive oil
- - TOPPING
- 8 - sun-dried tomatoes in vinaigrette
- 80ml - black olives, pitted and chopped
- - a handful of fresh basil leaves
- 1 - tin anchovy fillets
- 30ml - capers
- 3 - garlic cloves
- 45-60ml - olive oil
- - freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Oven temperature: 220°C
1 Lightly dust the fish fillets with seasoned cake flour and shake off the excess. Place the fillets side by side in a greased ovenproof dish.
2 Prepare the topping: Place all the ingredients in a food processor and blend to form a coarse paste. Spread over the fish fillets and bake in a preheated oven for about 20 minutes.
Instant tapenade ideas
• Stir it through warm spaghetti and crumble goat’s cheese on top.
• Fill large brown mushrooms with tapenade and bake in a preheated oven (200°C).
• Place a spoonful on a hot baked potato.
• Tapenade is delicious on bruschetta with slices of mozzarella cheese.
• It is a good addition to an antipasto platter. • Slightly compress chicken breasts, spread tapenade on top, roll each breast up and secure with a cocktail stick. Place in a greased ovenproof dish and bake for 20 minutes at 180°C.