Prep Time: 20 minutes
- 100g - Black Forest ham
- 8 - strawberries, halved
- 16 - spanspek balls
- 150g - bocconcini mozzarella balls
- - a few mulberries or blackberries
- - a sprinkling of fresh basil
- 3 - radishes, thinly sliced
- - PESTO
- 60ml - each fresh mint, coriander and basil
- 3 - spring onions, chopped
- 30ml - grated Parmesan
- 45ml - chopped toasted almonds
- 15ml - white wine vinegar
- 5ml - honey
- - about 150ml olive oil
If there is leftover pesto, cover it with a layer of olive oil; it will keep for up to a week in the fridge.
1 Make the herb pesto Blend the herbs, spring onions, Parmesan, nuts, vinegar and honey in a food processor. Gradually add the oil and process until it forms a runny pesto. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
2 Cut the long slices of ham in half lengthwise and wrap each strip around the strawberries and spanspek balls. Break up the mozzarella into smaller pieces and mix with as much herb pesto as desired. Arrange all the ingredients on a serving platter and serve with extra herb pesto.