Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
- 60ml olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1-2 celery sticks, finely chopped
- 1-2 carrots, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 strips rindless bacon, chopped
- 500g chicken mince
- 45ml Italian parsley, chopped
- 125ml chicken stock
- 1 tin (410g) chopped tomatoes
- 15ml tomato paste salt and black pepper, to taste
- 400g pasta grated Parmesan shavings, optional
1. Heat the olive oil and sauté the onion, celery, carrots and garlic over a medium heat until soft and glossy. Add the bacon and fry further.
2. Stir in the chicken mince with a fork until the mixture is loose and crumbly.
3. Add the parsley, chicken stock, tomatoes and tomato paste and bring to the boil. Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Reduce the heat and cover with the lid. Simmer for about 30 minutes.
4. In the meantime boil the pasta in salted water until al dente. Drain and stir the chicken bolognaise into the pasta. Sprinkle Parmesan shavings on top (optional) and serve.