Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 1-1½ hours
- 1,7 kg chicken portions
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 45 ml olive oil
- 2 large red peppers, sliced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 150 g chorizo sausage, cut into slices
- 80 ml (50g ) sun-dried tomatoes in vinaigrette, chopped
- 250 ml arborio or long-grain rice
- 280 ml chicken stock
- 175 ml dry white wine
- 15 ml tomato purée
- 2,5 ml paprika frozen peas
1 Season the chicken portions.
2 Heat half the olive oil in a large saucepan and fry the chicken portions until golden brown all over. Fry only a few pieces at a time.
3 Fry the peppers and onions in the same saucepan until soft – add more olive oil if necessary. Add the garlic and stir-fry for another minute. Add the chorizo and sun-dried tomatoes and stir-fry for a few minutes.
4 Pour the rice into the saucepan and stir until it’s thoroughly coated with oil. Add the stock, wine, tomato purée and paprika. Heat to boiling point and then reduce the temperature.
5 Place the chicken portions on top of the rice. It’s important for the rice to be completely covered with liquid. Simmer slowly for 50-60 minutes or until the rice and chicken are cooked. Stir in the peas shortly before serving.