Prep Time: 30 minutes, plus marinating overnight
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- 700g - chicken thigh fillets, cut into 3cm cubes
- 90g - mixed baby salad leaves and herbs such as coriander, basil and chopped spring onions
- 2 - small cabbages, thinly sliced
- 1 - carrot, julienned or grated
- 4 - baby marrows, julienned or grated
- 12 - snap peas, halved
- 125ml - grated fresh coconut
- - lemon wedges
- - MARINADE
- 1 - onion, chopped
- 1 - green pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3 - cloves garlic
- 1 - chilli, seeded
- 1 - knob ginger, peeled
- 30ml - lemon juice
- 30ml - oyster sauce
- 30ml - fish sauce
- 100ml - soy sauce
Serve with lemon wedges and a creamy dressing.
1 Marinate the chicken Blend all the marinade ingredients with a stick blender and pour over the chicken in a glass bowl. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
2 Drain the marinated chicken and pat dry (it’s not necessary to remove all the marinade). Shallow-fry the chicken in olive oil – or, even better, cook it in a kettle braai for a smoky flavour. Rest for 10 minutes.
3 Assemble the salad Combine all the salad ingredients together, top with the cooked chicken and serve.