- 225g - butter, at room temperature
- 200g (250ml) - light brown sugar
- 100g (125ml) - dark brown sugar
- 2 - eggs
- 315g (560ml) - flour
- 30ml - cocoa
- 3ml - baking powder
- 3ml - bicarbonate of soda
- - a pinch of salt
- 150g - dark chocolate, chopped into chips
- 12 - soft toffees, chopped
1 Beat the butter and sugars together until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg until well mixed. Sift the flour, cocoa, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt together; mix this, plus the chocolate and toffee, into the egg mixture to form a soft biscuit dough.
2 Preheat the oven to 180°C. Divide the dough in half and divide each half into eight equal-sized cookies. Flatten each one and arrange eight on a baking tray with enough space in-between so that the biscuits can spread while baking.
3 Bake for about 15 minutes per baking tray or until golden-brown and cooked through.