Few things beat a good, rich chocolate mousse – and this recipe won’t disappoint.
Serves: 4 portions
Preparation time: 20 minutes
• 150g good quality dark chocolate (70% cocoa content)
• 150g milk chocolate
• 150ml cream
• 30ml rum or strong coffee
• 3 egg whites
• 30g castor sugar
1. Break the chocolate into small chunks and melt with the cream over warm water or in a microwave oven. Do not overheat. Add the rum or coffee.
2. Beat the egg whites until soft peaks form and add the castor sugar, little by little, beating continuously until glossy and stiff peaks form.
3. Fold about 30ml of the chocolate mixture into the egg white mixture, slowly followed by the rest. Spoon into a bowl or individual glasses and cool in the fridge until set. Serve with chocolate curls or decorations and whipped cream.