Recipe by Hein Stirred
rind of 2 ClemenGold
150 g dark chocolate (70%)
250 ml (1 cup) ClemenGold juice
2 egg yolks
120 g castor sugar
a pinch of salt
500 ml (2 cups) whipping cream
ClemenGold segments to serve
1. Line a 2-litre loaf pan with clingfilm, with enough of the wrap hanging over the edges to fold over.
2. Use a sharp knife to remove the pith from the rind of the ClemenGold. Slice the rind into small strips and sprinkle an even layer onto a baking tray lined with baking paper.
3. Break the chocolate into a metal bowl over a large saucepan of boiling water (the bowl should not touch the water) and stir until melted. Pour the melted chocolate over the rind to cover and place into the refrigerator to set.
4. Place the eggs, yolks, sugar and salt in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Use a hand-held electric mixer to beat for about 5 minutes until thick and pale. Remove from the heat to cool slightly.
5. Whisk the cream until stiff peaks form. Gently fold the cream and ClemenGold juice into the egg mixture until combined. Pour into the prepared loaf pan.
6. Break the chocolate covered rind into chunks, sprinkle over the semifreddo and let it sink into the mixture. Smooth the top and loosely cover with clingfilm. Freeze overnight or at least 8 hours until frozen through.
7. When ready to serve, remove from the freezer and let it stand for 5 minutes to soften slightly. Turn the loaf pan over on a serving dish to unmould the semifreddo. Remove the clingfilm and serve with fresh ClemenGold segments.