- 2 - chicken breast fillets
- 15ml - olive oil
- 3ml - each ground cumin, coriander and chilli flakes
- 200ml - cooked corn kernels
- 1 - tub (230g) medium-fat cream cheese
- 250ml - grated Gouda
- 1 - egg
- 4 - spring onions, chopped
- 400g - puff pastry
- - a little beaten egg
- 15ml - seeds for sprinkling
1. Cut the chicken into strips and mix with the oil and spices. Season well with salt and pepper and pan-fry until golden-brown and just cooked. Allow to cool and chop finely.
2. Mix the chicken with the corn, cream cheese, Gouda, egg and spring onions. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
3. Preheat the oven to 200°C. Carefully roll open the puff pastry and halve it lengthwise. Brush the beaten egg all around the edge of both strips. Spoon half of the filling in the middle along the length of each strip of pastry; fold the pastry over the filling (make sure the edges overlap sufficiently) and seal. Position the length of pastry with the seam facing down, then cut into 3cm rolls; arrange on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
4. Brush the rolls with beaten egg, sprinkle with seeds and bake for 10 minutes. Reduce the temperature to 180°C and bake for another 15 minutes or until golden-brown and cooked through. Serve hot or at room temperature with tomato sauce or sriracha.