Westfalia Guacamole topped with yoghurt and roasted peppers marinated in balsamic vinegar and Westfalia Lemon Flavoured Avocado Oil, is the perfect dip! Enjoy this colourful gourmet creation any way you like.
Serves 6 – 8
Cooking time: 10 min
Marinating time: 30 min – 1 hour
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow or orange pepper
- 15ml (1 tbsp) Westfalia Lemon Flavoured Avocado Oil
- 15ml (1 tbsp) balsamic or red wine vinegar
- 5ml (1 tsp) chopped fresh oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tubs (200g each) Westfalia Plain Guacamole
- 180-200ml plain double cream yoghurt
- extra fresh oregano leaves
1. Preheat oven to 200°C and then turn on the element of the oven.
2. Place whole peppers on a baking tray and grill under the element until the skins turn black and start to bubble (about 5 to 10 minutes). Remove from the oven.
3. Place the peppers in a bowl and cover (this allows them to sweat, making them easier to peel). Allow to cool and peel. Remove the seeds and slice peppers into thin strips.
4. Mix the avocado oil, vinegar and oregano in a bowl and season to taste. Toss peppers in the oil mixture and marinate for about 30 minutes to an hour.
5. To serve, spoon the guacamole into individual jars or serving bowls. Top with dollops of yoghurt, pepper strips and drizzle some of the marinade over. Garnish with fresh oregano leaves.
6. Serve as a delicious dip with fresh veggies or seasonal fruit. Or enjoy on slices of baguette for a picnic.
Tip: Use glass jars or small glasses to assemble the guacamole dip. Cover with a lid or cling wrap and pack in a picnic basket. Each person can enjoy their own dip jar or glass with their favourite ingredients.
Each tub of Westfalia Guacamole is made from the flesh of about two ripe Hass avocados and packed with all the goodness of fresh avocados. The fruit is hand scooped, to create delicious chunks of fresh avo. Westfalia pays special attention to food safety practices to ensure their guacamole is of the highest standards. High-pressure processing (HPP) is used, giving the product a yummy, fresh taste without the need for unnatural preservatives or other additives.
The guac is Halaal and Kosher certified and suitable for both vegetarians and vegans. You’ll have to agree – nothing less is expected from the #AVOEXPERTS. Choose from any of the three flavours in the range: Plain, Spicy or Sweet Chilli Salsa. Enjoy as a convenient dip with raw veggies, spread on toast or your favourite sarmie. Dip meat balls, chicken strips or cooked veggies into the real avocado goodness and tuck in!