- - about 250g cubed mango, frozen berries or granadilla pulp
- - lemon juice (if needed)
- 1 - egg
- 2 - egg yolks
- 125ml - castor sugar
- 250ml - cream
1. Blend the fruit you’ve chosen to a smooth pulp; season to taste with lemon juice and a little sugar, depending on how sweet the fruit is.
2. Add a little boiling water to a pot on the stove, place a glass mixing bowl over it and mix the egg and egg yolk with the castor sugar; whisk on high speed until light and thickened (about 5 minutes). Remove from heat and whisk until the bowl is cold.
3. Whisk the cream until stiff and mix it, together with the fruit purée, into the thickened egg mixture.
4. Pour the mixture into ice lolly moulds and add a few extra pieces of fruit if desired. Push an ice cream stick into each one and freeze until hard.
• Reserve some of the fruit purée and spoon a little on top of the filled moulds for extra fruitiness.
• If you don’t have ice lolly moulds, freeze the ice cream in a loaf pan lined with cling film and serve it in slices.