- 500g frying steak, cut into thin strips
- 15ml soy sauce
- 60ml cornflour
- 30ml oil
- 30ml sesame seeds
- 2cm ginger, grated
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 red chilli, chopped (or to taste)
- 300g vegetables such as sweet pepper, carrots and spinach
- 45ml soy sauce
- 15ml rice vinegar
- 60ml fresh orange juice
- 5ml orange zest
- 15ml sesame oil
- fresh lime juice
1. Pat the beef dry with paper towel, drizzle the 15ml soy sauce over and sprinkle with the cornflour. Arrange the meat on a rack and refrigerate uncovered for 20 minutes – this ensures a crispier end result.
2. Preheat the wok. Pour oil in it and fry the meat over a high heat until crispy on the outside. Sprinkle sesame seeds over and set aside. Retain the oil in the wok.
3. Stir-fry the ginger, garlic and chilli briefly. Add the veggies and fry for 3 minutes. Add the 45ml soy sauce, rice vinegar, orange juice and zest, and sesame oil and cook for 2 minutes. Return the meat and mix through. Finish with a little lime juice and fresh herbs, and serve with rice or noodles.