- 250ml - whipped cream (or Orley Whip)
- 1 - tin (385g) caramel*
- 12ml - powdered gelatine
- 400g - Peppermint Crisp chocolate, chopped
- 1 - packet (200g) tennis biscuits
1. Whisk the cream until stiff (reserve a dollop to spoon on top later) and fold in the caramel and 300g of the chocolate. Sprinkle the gelatine over 50ml cold water in a small bowl and let it stand until it forms a solidified gel. Now melt the gelatine by placing the small bowl in a larger bowl of boiling water and stirring until runny. Fold this into the cream mixture. Line a loaf pan with cling film and place a layer of biscuits on the bottom and sides of the pan. Carefully spoon in a third of the filling, making sure the biscuits don’t move too much. Then arrange a layer of biscuits on top, followed by more filling, a final layer of biscuits and the rest of the filling (if there’s any left over, savour it when no one is looking). Refrigerate until set, preferably overnight.
2. To serve Turn out the tart (yes, tip it over!), remove the cling film and top with a dollop of whipped cream and the remaining chocolate. Slice and enjoy.