- 800g - pork fillet, silver membrane trimmed off
- 125ml - flour
- 5ml - lemon zest
- 2 - eggs
- 100g - salted crackers, crumbled
- 125ml - mixed nuts, chopped
- 30ml - grated Parmesan
- - olive oil for shallow-frying
- - a large knob of butter
- - sweet potato mash and coleslaw, to serve
1. Cut the pork into 8 equal pieces and carefully flatten each one with a meat mallet to form schnitzels.
2. Mix the flour and zest in a bowl (season with salt and pepper). Beat the eggs in a second bowl and mix the cracker crumbs, nuts and cheese in a third bowl.
3. Dip the schnitzels, one by one, first in the flour, then in the egg and lastly in the crumb mixture.
4. Heat a generous dash of oil and a knob of butter in a large pan and fry the schnitzels in two batches over medium heat until crispy. Because the meat is so thin, it won’t take more than 5 minutes per batch, but keep a close eye on the heat so the crumbs don’t burn before the meat is cooked. Serve with mashed sweet potatoes and coleslaw.