Serves: 6 as a side dish
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour
Oven temperature: 180°C
• 15ml each butter and oil
• 4 large leeks, finely chopped
• 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
• 30ml flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
• salt, pepper and nutmeg
• 250ml sour cream
• 600g puff pastry
• 1kg potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced (a mandolin slicer is ideal)
• 1 egg, whisked
1. Preheat the oven. Fry the leeks and garlic in the butter and oil until glossy. Add the parsley and season with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Stir in the sour cream and allow it to cool.
2. Line a pie dish with half of the pastry, allowing some of it to hang over the edge of the dish. Then layer the potato and leek mixture on top of the pastry. Brush the edge of the dough with the egg and place the second sheet of pastry over the top. Press the second layer down to seal it properly. Make a small hole in the middle of the top layer of pastry and brush egg over the whole pie. Bake for about an hour. Test the potatoes to see if they’re soft and bake further if necessary, until cooked through. Allow to cool.