- 15ml - each butter and oil
- 12 - large prawns, deveined
- 1 - small chilli, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 - knob ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 - garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 15ml - mild curry powder
- 6 - plum tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 150–200g - linguine pasta, cooked al dente
- - zest of 1 lemon
- - a handful of fresh basil or coriander, shredded
1 Heat the butter and oil in a pan until the butter begins to foam, then add the prawns. Fry until bright pink on one side. Turn the prawns over and add the chilli, ginger, garlic, curry and tomatoes. Stir-fry for a few minutes until fragrant. The prawns will turn a lovely pink all over and the sauce should be aromatic and chunky.
2 Add another splash of olive oil, or cream if you feel like a treat; season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and stir the warm pasta into the sauce. Spoon onto two plates immediately and sprinkle the lemon zest and fresh herbs on top.