- - WHAT YOU"LL NEED
- - vegetable oil
- - salt
- - coarse black pepper
- 2 - eggs
- - IN THE BOX
- - baby potatoes, quartered
- - garlic, chopped
- - oregano, chopped
- - French string beans
- - red onion, thinly sliced
- - Mediterranean baby tomato medley, halved
- - Calamata olives
- - biltong
- - basil
- - salad dressing
1. Preheat the oven to 200° C.
2. Sprinkle oil into a small oven tray, toss in the quartered baby potatoes and season them with salt, pepper, garlic and roughly chopped oregano leaves. Place the tray in the oven and leave potatoes to roast for 25 minutes.
3. Fill up a small pot with water and drop in the eggs. Place the pot over medium heat and let the water come to a slight simmer. After 7 minutes, remove the pot from the stove.
4. Carefully remove the eggs from the water, without discarding the water.
5. Place the small pot of water back onto the stove and turn up the heat. Once the water is boiling again, add the French string beans. Cook for 2 minutes, strain from the boiling water and rinse with cold water.
6. By now the boiled eggs should be cold enough to be peeled and cut into quarters.
7. In a medium-sized salad bowl, gently toss together the cooked beans, red onion, baby tomatoes, calamata olives, biltong pieces and fresh basil leaves.
8. As soon as the potatoes are done roasting to perfection, toss them into the salad.
9. Finish off the salad by placing the quartered boiled egg pieces on top and drizzle over the salad dressing.
10. Well done, Chef! Bon appétit.
Developed by chefs, each meal kits consists of fresh, locally-sourced ingredients and a step-by-step recipe card with a QR code to a how-to video.
With Checkers’ Ready to Chef meal kits, even time-pressed consumers can now cook delicious, effort-free dinners at home.
The Ready to Chef meal kits are priced between R119.99 and R179.99 per meal for two people. They are also perfectly portioned so there is no food waste.
Four different recipes, including a vegetarian option, will be available in stores each week.
There are a total of 16 meal kits in the Ready to Chef range, which include:
- Butter chicken curry with rotis
- Cauliflower cottage pie
- Asian beef and sesame seed salad
- Mushroom, pea and mint risotto
- Beef stroganoff with zucchini spaghetti
- Sweet and sour pork with jasmine rice
- Biltong nicoise salad
- Sweet potato and lentil dahl curry with buttered naan (vegetarian)
The Ready to Chef meal kits will be available at all Checkers and Checkers Hyper supermarkets across South Africa from Thursday 23 August 2018.