Make plenty of these yummy snacks – they’ll be devoured in minutes!
- 30ml olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 stalks lemongrass, very finely chopped
- 2cm fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 red chillies, seeded and finely chopped
- 200g pork or chicken mince
- 30ml fish sauce
- 15ml tamarind paste
- 10ml palm sugar (or brown sugar)
- 125ml peanuts, chopped
- handful of fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- small crispy lettuce leaves as cups; choose baby cos or gem lettuce
- lime wedges to serve
1. Heat the oil in a hot pan and fry the garlic, spring onions, lemongrass, ginger and chilli together until aromatic. Remove from the pan and fry the mince until crumbly, breaking up the meat with a spatula as you stir-fry. Add the cooked garlic mixture and the rest of the seasoning, and stir-fry until the meat is browned and caramelised.
2. To serve Sprinkle with peanuts and coriander and provide crispy lettuce leaves as cups. Drizzle lime juice over each bite before eating.