- 3 - boneless pork neck chops
- 15ml - ghee (clarified butter)
- 5ml - oil
- - SAUCE
- - about 250ml tinned pineapple pieces in light syrup
- 1 - red chilli, chopped
- 2 - medium red and orange peppers, seeded and finely sliced
- 2cm - knob of fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 30ml - brown sugar
- 30ml - sesame oil
- 15ml - fish sauce
- - lime juice to taste
- - SALAD
- 150g - vermicelli noodles
- 2 - carrots, cut into ribbons or ‘noodles’
- - a handful of fresh mint and basil
- 1 - small cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 3 - spring onions, finely chopped
1 Get all the salad ingredients ready. Wash and dry the herbs, chop the vegetables and soak and refresh the noodles according to the instructions on the packet.
2 Heat the ghee and oil until hot and sear the chops on one side and then the other until brown; season with salt and pepper.
3 Now add the peppers, chilli and ginger to the pan and fry until fragrant. Add the brown sugar, pineapple pieces and syrup and keep cooking until the chops are perfectly cooked and the sauce is sticky. Season with sesame oil, fish sauce and lime; soy sauce is an optional extra. Remember to balance the sweet and sour flavours.
4 Allow the meat to rest for a minute or two before slicing. Plate the salad ingredients on a large platter and arrange the pork on top. Pour every drop of sticky sauce over and serve immediately.