- - steamed green vegetables
- 1 - garlic clove, chopped
- 1cm - fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- - about 125ml boiling water
- 80ml - hoisin sauce
- - fresh coriander
- 15ml - soy sauce
- 6 - skinless pork belly rashers, cubed
- 30ml - sesame oil
- 15ml - sesame seeds, toasted
- - jasmine rice
- 1 - bunch spring onions, chopped
- - TO SERVE
1. Mix the pork with the soy sauce and hoisin, garlic and ginger until well coated. Thread onto wooden skewers (remember to first soak them in water so they don’t catch alight during cooking). Marinate for at least 1 hour, but preferably overnight, so that the flavours can infuse.
2. Allow the meat to reach room temperature. Heat the sesame oil in a thick-based pan and carefully fry the sosaties until golden-brown and sticky all over. Use the boiling water to temper the sauce if it starts to caramelise before the meat is done.
3. Sprinkle with the sesame seeds and spring onions and serve with the rice and vegetables, topped with fresh coriander for the perfect flavour.