- 1 - large fennel bulb, halved and very thinly sliced
- 1 - long celery stalk, cut into ribbons
- 1 - small cucumber, diced
- 8 - ripe strawberries, cut into quarters
- 1 - Camembert
- 250ml - caramel nuts, broken into shards (recipe below)
- - SALAD DRESSING
- 15ml - fennel fronds
- 30ml - flat-leaf parsley
- 60ml - olive oil
- 15ml - lemon juice
1. Prepare the salad dressing by processing all the ingredients together with a hand blender. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Mix the herb salad dressing through the fennel, celery and cucumber. Spoon onto a serving platter and finish off with the strawberries and Camembert. Sprinkle the nuts on top and serve.
Tip: If you want to serve the salad as a main course, give it more body with a handful of your favourite crunchy salad leaves or baby spinach and sliced smoked chicken.
Spicy caramel brittle
Prepare this quick treat in the microwave.
Melt 30ml butter in a deep, microwave-safe bowl. Stir in 125ml runny honey and 125ml each whole roasted peri-peri cashew nuts and mixed nuts (or use 250ml mixed nuts if you don’t want the ‘bite’). Microwave everything together on high for 6 minutes or until the honey has a deep caramel colour. Carefully pour onto a sheet of baking paper and spread evenly. Allow to cool completely and break into shards or chop finely. Store in an airtight container.