- - a handful baby spinach
- 1 - heaped tablespoon sour cream
- 200g - broccoli florets, steamed
- 250g - button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 - leeks (white parts only), well rinsed and finely chopped
- - a large knob of butter
- 4 - chicken breast fillets
- 1 - round feta cheese, crumbled
- 15ml - olive oil
- 250ml - jasmine rice, steamed until cooked
This recipe looks difficult but is actually very easy. If you prefer not to stuff the fillets, you can simply cut the chicken into cubes and fry it with the mushrooms. This will halve your cooking time, but the flavours will still be delicious!
1. Sauté the mushrooms and leeks in the butter until fragrant. Stir in the feta, remove from the heat and cool slightly.
2. Cut a slit in the thickest part of each chicken breast and stuff with a spoonful of the filling; wrap the chicken tightly around the filling. Secure each fillet with a toothpick if preferred. Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
3. Heat the oil and pan-fry the chicken until golden-brown all over. Add any remaining filling, the sour cream and a splash of boiling water to the pan, cover and steam over low heat until the chicken is cooked (about 10 minutes).
4. Remove the chicken from the sauce and place on a chopping board, then mix the cooked rice with the pan juices. Cut the chicken into medallions to show off the filling and serve with the creamy rice, broccoli and spinach.