This yummy pork steak has a delicious surprise inside.
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
• 4 pork steaks (3cm thick)
• 4 The Laughing Cow cheese wedges
• about 400g baby spinach leaves, blanched and refreshed in cold water
• zest of 1 lemon
• 15ml olive oil
• 3 leeks, chopped
• 1 clove garlic, chopped
• 2 tins butter beans, rinsed and drained
• 200g cherry tomatoes
1. Cut a slit in each steak and season all over with salt, pepper and lemon zest. Divide the spinach into four portions and wrap each cheese wedge in the leaves to form a parcel. Press the parcel into the slit of each steak and close the slit with a toothpick.
2. Heat a frying pan. Add the oil and fry the steaks fat side first and then on all sides until golden brown. Remove from the pan and sauté the leeks and garlic in the same pan until glossy. Stir this through the beans and add to an ovenproof dish. Arrange the steaks and tomatoes on top and bake in a preheated oven at 200°C for about 20 minutes or until cooked through.