Choose succulent South African pork for quality and flavour. Try this easy family favourite.
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 15ml olive oil
- 8 pork neck steaks, patted dry
- white rice and micro herbs to serve
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red or yellow pepper, diced
- 5ml olive oil
- 1 x 400g tin of pineapple chunks, drained (reserve syrup)
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 100ml brown sugar
- 180ml white wine vinegar
- 5ml soy sauce (or to taste)
- 10ml cornflour
1. Make the sauce Sauté the onion and pepper in the oil until glossy. Add the pineapple chunks and tomato, and stir-fry. Add the sugar and stir until it has dissolved. Stir in the reserved pineapple syrup, vinegar and soy sauce, and cook for about 3 minutes. Mix the cornflour with 15ml water to make a paste and stir into the sauce. Cook until the sauce thickens.
2. Heat the oil. Season the pork with salt and pepper on both sides. Pan-fry until golden brown and cooked through. Add the meat to the sauce and heat through. Serve with rice and a sprinkling of micro herbs.